BMS College of engineering undoubtedly is one among top private Engineering colleges in Bangalore for Engineering education. The college has been ranked 67th position by NIRF 2018 among engineering colleges in India. If engineering is your passion then this college is the right choice so when are you taking your step of enrollment to the college. Businayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah shortly referred as BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE) is an autonomous college in Basavangudi, Bangalore. It was established in the year 1946, which makes it one of the oldest and with time it is the Top engineering colleges in Bangalore. Mr. B.M Sreenivasaiah, who is a legend in engineering and took the first step towards establishing a private sector for technical education in India. Initially when the college was started it was affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University but later got its autonomy in the year 2008. BMSCE is NAAC A grade accredited and is also NBA accredited.
BMS College OF Engineering
Direct admission in B E is a completely legal and a transparent process without any hidden costs.
Academics and Faculties
- BMSCE has gained its autonomy and the in house research and development team does continuous research and updates the curriculum on a timely basis. Odd semester begins from August to December and even semester from January to May. Every department encourages assignments and internships. On an average a person will get to complete 3 mini projects and one final year project before completing their graduation.
- The faculty focuses on improving the teaching methodologies and has complete focus on every students understanding skills. The college infrastructure provides the necessary amenities which make the students feel at home though they are away from home.
- The College is at every step with students not only until they pursue graduation but post-graduation, every student who graduates has a feeling of security to be placed in one of the top most companies and also has a lot of potential to work or study overseas. This is because college has partnered with these companies, it gives the students an opportunity for students to intern and get on the job experience before completing their graduation and this college is listed in top engineering colleges in Karnataka.
BE Courses at BMSCE College
- Architecture Engineering
- Bio-Technology Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Science Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Medical Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication and Engineering
Eligibility criteria for BMSCE admission
The Eligibility Criteria for BMS college of engineering Admission is as follows:-
- A candidate who has passed 10 + 2 pattern of examination (equivalent to the two year Pre University in Karnataka) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics as optional subjects are Eligible for Admission in MSRIT.
- The eligibility for admission is 45% in case of General Category and 40% marks in the qualifying examination in case of SC/ST, and OBC Category candidates.
- Student can also secure admission in BMS engineering college by scoring good marks in KCET (only for Karnataka Students) or Comedk Exam (For outside Karnataka Student).
- If any Student doesn’t get seat through entrance exam, then don’t lose hope, student can take direct admission in BMS college of Engineering through Management Quota for their Engineering Course.
Note:– (For Admission under Management quota in BMSCE student should score minimum of 60 % PCM and 60 % in English course Separately)