A Bachelor of Pharmacy (shortened B Pharm) is an undergraduate degree in pharmacy. This graduation is the fundamental requirement to work as a pharmacist and it’s about having a thorough knowledge about the properties and impacts of medicines and also about developing the skills that are essential to advise patients about their use. B Pharm graduates can work in multiple sectors such as: pharmacist, patient counseling and they can go for higher studies such as master degree (M Pharm), join in a pharmacy college as a faculty etc. The B Pharm is, indeed, one of those job oriented courses which highly popular among students. Here students get trained in various types of medicines, Pharmaceuticals, Medicinal Chemistry etc. Plenty of job opportunities are available for deserving B Pharm candidates both in government as well as private sector.
B Pharm Admission
B Pharm Admission
B Pharm Admission
If you are looking for guidance to get B Pharm admission in recognized B Pharmacy colleges in Bangalore, don’t look anywhere else. We can help you to get Direct Admission in Pharmacy with top rated Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore.
B Pharm Subjects
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Math’s & Biostatistics
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
What is the B Pharm Admission Process?
Normally B Pharm is a four-year degree program with both annual and semester schemes available. B Pharmacy Eligibility: A pass with at least 50% marks in 10 + 2 (or an equivalent examination) with biology or biotechnology as one of the subjects. D Pharm (Diploma of Pharmacy) holders are eligible for admission into B Pharm into the second year directly via the lateral entry. Colleges which are giving pharmaceutical education (D.Pharm, B.Pharm, M.Pharm or Pharm D) must be approved by All Indian Council of Technical Education (AICTE) or Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). For a student to be eligible for registration as a pharmacist, the college from which he or she graduated must be approved by the Pharmacy Council of India or PCI.
Pharmacists are required everywhere, not only in hospital and the scope of B Pharm has been increased tremendously. This program has been a catalyst for bringing out healthcare professionals and would continue to do so for years to come as the field is going to have an unimaginable growth in the future.
How to choose a College for B Pharmacy?
While seeking B Pharmacy Admission, please cross check the following important details.
- Firstly and most importantly, as we mentioned above, college should have the affiliation or recognition with All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Secondly, the college should have sound infra-structure, lab facilities etc.
- Thirdly, the college should have highly qualified and experienced faculty.
- Fourth and final, prefer those Pharmacy colleges that have some kind of tie up with Pharma industry or hospitals. It will greatly help you to get some exposure to the real-time scenarios. It will further help you to get job after your graduation.
Following are the Top 10 Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore
- M.S. Ramaiah College of Pharmacy.
- Krupanidhi College Of Pharmacy.
- Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy.
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy.
- K.L.E Society College of Pharmacy.
- Al Ameen Pharmacy College.
- Karnataka College of Pharmacy.
- Oxford College of Pharmacy.
- Gautham College of Pharmacy.
- Mallige College of Pharmacy.
Following are the list of Top 10 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Career and Jobs for B Pharm Graduates
Job opportunities in pharmacy sector are increasing every year at an unbelievable rate. B Pharm graduates can either work in Pharmaceutical/Clinical firms or they can privately practice as a Pharmacist. Demands for trained Pharmacist are rising all over the world. After the B Pharm graduation, students can move to private companies, hospitals or even going abroad. Following are the career options of a B Pharm Graduates:-
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health Inspector
- Pathological Lab Technician
- Clinical Research & Development
- Pharmaceutical Scientist
Following are the Top Recruiters of a B Pharm Graduates
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Medical Shop Chemist Shops
- Abbott India
- Research bodies and labs
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Glaxo Smith Kline India
- DrReddys Lab
- Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals